Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What We Do In a Day

In this post, I'm going to try to explain our daily routine.  First we wake up...obviously.  If our mentor hasn't set a time to get going the day before, he calls to let us know.  After that, we find out what we're doing for the day.  Sometimes we go for an extended walk observing the people, sounds, culture, etc.  Sometimes we head over to his place to hang out and informally talk about whatever comes up.  Really awesome.  Sometimes we have the day to do whatever we'd like to do.  Sometimes we visit historic sights or important cultural landmarks.  Sometimes we try to meet other requirements.  Everyday is different which fits my personality perfectly...at least I think so.  Then at night Nicole and I usually unwind by talking about different things like frustrations, observations, our favorite foods, etc.  And that is a typical day.  

Pretty soon (on Tuesday) we leave for Turkey.  We knew our resort would be nice, but we didn't know it was going to be all-inclusive!  Woo hoo!  I can't wait to be swimming in the Mediterranean!  I'll definitely be posting pictures.  But for now, that's all folks.

3 comments:

Mary said...

That sounds like my idea of a good time. I always enjoy adventures and meeting people.
I hope you are both keeping a personal journal of your experience.
Have fun in Turkey, I can't wait to see the pictures.

Love you both
Mom

Anonymous said...

This is an adventure that you will forever cherish and to share it with your wife is so special. It's like a really long honeymoon! And when you get back to the States, you will really appreciate what you have been blessed with, like normal plumbing!
Belinda

Anonymous said...

Ryan and Nicole,
I have been really excited to see what you have been doing since we have left. When I got the group pictures it made me want to be there in that wonderful country, enjoy your time. Hope you have a wonderful time in Turkey!