Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Turkey Wrap (Up)

Get it?  Turkey Wrap + Wrap Up = Turkey Wrap (Up), right?  For the record, I thought of that a week ago and kept reminding myself so I wouldn't forget my prescious cheap joke.  

Anyways, Turkey was absolutely incredible.  As you can see from the pictures, we stayed at an incredible resort called Maritime Pine Beach Resort.  The spelling could be wrong, but it doesn't matter.  It was in Antalya, Turkey.  It's on the Southern Coast of Turkey right along the Mediteranean Sea (sp?).  

We had some of the best food we've had in a while.  Turkish spices are absolutely incredible.  They have a great mixture of spicy and sweet.  However, their desserts were not as great as the main courses, which is a very good thing.  

Without spilling my guts too much, I have to say that this time in Turkey helped direct me even more into what to do, where to go, how to get there, etc.  I was encouraged by more than one person in leadership to go onto get my Masters in Counseling.  The only problem I have with that is I don't want to stay in school.  I'm getting a little taste of what's out there and I don't want to spent any more time in school.  There's pros and cons both ways.  

Ok, that's enough ranting for now.  I'm writing this on the plane ride back to Casa (about 4 hours) then we have a train ride to Fez (about 4 hours) then a taxi ride to our place (about 5 min).  We really are taking Planes, trains, and automobiles...in that order.  Pretty neat.  Anyways, that's all for now.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Thanks for the update. I am glad you are thinking about getting your master's. It will pay off in the long run....

Love
Mom