Thursday, June 5, 2008

Some Fun Stories

I was at a local Hanout (a store) ordering some gummies.  I was trying to order 15 of my favorite, plus a variety of others for a total of 40 Dirhams.  Of course, I said words before thinking of what they actually meant.  This is what I said, "Hkemseen hada  oo schweea hada hada hada.  Rrbaeen Dirham, affeck."  What this means is "50 of this (my favorite kind) and a little of this and this and this-40 Dirhams please."  They looked at me weird.  I walked to our mentor's house and it clicked.  I had ordered 50 of my favorite gummies instead of 15.  Hkemstash is what I wanted to say.  Oh well.  At least I have my favorite gummies for a while.

Another story...

I told one of my Moroccan friends that my birthday was coming up and he said that he was really happy for me and that he would text me when it is my birthday.  I was honored.  He did just as he said and this was his text to me, "Happy birthday Mr Ryan!!  your comrade ******** whom I Wish he was by your side to feed you a sweet cake."  Haha.  It was really nice of him to do that.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Too funny. I did not know that gummies where an international cuisine. Hope you had a memorable and happy birthday.

Love you both
Mom

kellymc77 said...

Keep the stories coming! I love them! Sorry I missed your b-day, but something tells me it will be one you will always remember!