Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Another Update

Well, after 2 weeks at Walmart, things are going pretty well.  Surprisingly, working at Walmart is saving money in more ways that one.  First (after 6 months) I get 10-15% off pretty much everything.  Since I pretty much buy everything at Walmart, it adds up.  Second, Walmart has partnered with tons of different companies to provide a discount.  The one I already took advantage of is my 20% discount at Verizon.  Pretty awesome. 

Those are just a couple of cool benefits.

Nicole got a job at Doane in food services.  She will probably start next week.  Sweet!  I'm really excited for her.  As of now, she's in the marketing department in food services.  She'll also be a "checker" to let people into the caf...kind of like a bouncer...but less intimidating.

Hopefully we'll get our own internet here in a week or so.  Hopefully.  That means we'll be able to update with pictures.  I like to see pictures of what everyone is up to, so I'm just assuming people like the same of us.

Gibson, our cat, has fleas.  Everytime I feel an itch anywhere I just assume I have fleas too.  I bought some flea stuff, but it was for cats under 5 pounds.  Stupid me.  Last time we weighed him, he weighed 17 pounds.  What a fatty. 

Things at the church are going really well.  Wednesday nights are going a lot more smoothly.  Sunday mornings are starting to get into a groove.  There's always some hick-ups, but we're starting to get into a routine.  But if there's one thing I learned, it's that once you get into a routine when working with people (especially children) it's time to change things up. 

1 comment:

Belinda said...

How's life treating ya? Anything new? Update the blog!!!