Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday Morning

I have always loved Saturdays because I never have to wake up to an alarm clock.  That's not always true, but 90% of the time it is.  Today is no exception.  I woke up and laid in bed for about 2 hours and it was the best way to start off a day.  The only things we really have planned are to go to the market to buy some food (maybe even some meat!)  Then we are celebrating our mentor's birthday at his house with enchiladas and cake.  Yummy!  Other than that, we have today to do what we want and it feels really good.  Anyways, thats really all for now.  Feel free to comment/e-mail me if you'd like.  Also, we just got skype...but we don't have phone numbers (except for the ones we have memorized) so if you'd like us to call, send me an email and I'll write your number down and give you a call when we have time.  It's usually around 7-8 PM here, which is 2-3 Central time.  I hope to hear from you!

5 comments:

Mary said...

I agree Saturday mornings are the best.
Glad to hear you have some time to relax, I think you know my number....
Hope to see more pictures, have fun at your mentor's party.

Love you lots
Mom

E said...

We're reading your blog all the time! Loved seeing a video of your living conditions. You're right, the street looks pretty boring! ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Ryan and Nicole. Thanks for the pictures and video. It's fun seeing what you're life is like there.

rich said...

From Dad and Darlene,

Glad you guy's made it OK and everything is going good. Enjoyed the pictures and video keep them coming. Remember don't drink the water "LOL".
Hope to here lots more from you.

Love you both,
Dad and Darlene

Embracing Brokenness said...

Atta-Boy! I meditate too in the mornings. Helps me to concentrate more on hitting the snooze on my alarm so I'm rested and ready for the rat race. (Did you know that I hate rat races.)
Fun stuff here. Keep us informed.

Love ya both tons, Dad